1. What are the size restrictions for mezzanine floors?
There are no size, shape, or height restrictions and all of Midbrook mezzanine floors can be supplied with multiple tiers, if required. Midbrook mezzanine floors are customised to suit the specific end user/site requirements.
2. How long does a standard mezzanine floor installation take from order to completion?
A typical project timetable is as follows:
Week One – Detailed site survey
Week Two – Design and production of general arrangement (GA) drawing
Week Three – Client approval of design and GA
Week Four – Structural steel manufacture
Week Five – Mezzanine installation
3. Do I have to arrange for local authority approval myself?
No, Midbrook will take responsibility for obtaining all building control and fire regulations approval.
4. Can I ensure approval of the mezzanine floor design before I commit to placing my order?
Yes. Should you wish to take this route we will require a purchase order for design, drawings and calculations ready for submission to the local authority. This process typically takes six weeks and additional costs usually less than £1000.
5. Can I change the design any stage?
Design modifications can be introduced during the first two weeks, although this may result in delay and additional cost depending on where the project is in the design process.
6. Do I have to arrange the floor installation myself?
The client has the option of floor installation using their own resources, but we recommend that we use our own fully accredited and trained mezzanine floor installation teams.
7. What happens if there is an installation issue on site?
Each mezzanine floor installation is assigned to a specific Midbrook project manager, who has full responsibility about the process. This individual is the first point of contact for the client in all circumstances.
8. I am considering a mezzanine floor as one alternative in my development project. Is there a guideline cost I could use for my feasibility study?
Costs will depend on the size, loading and specification of the floor. Midbrook can provide fast track budgetary quotations for feasibility studies on request.
9. Can Midbrook also arrange the installation of stairways and other add-ons?
Yes. Typical additional access flooring requirements include: stairways, handrails, pallet gates, wear plates, cat ladder and step overs.
10. How can I best prepare for the arrival of the Midbrook mezzanine installation team?
Provide clear and unrestricted access to the area along with utilities and services.
- Guaranteed CE Marked Mezzanine Floor
- Free Site Survey
- Free Structural Calculations
- Installation Service
- Nationwide Coverage
- An Established and Accredited Company